The workshop’s operations began in 1978 when the company was called Général Diesel. At the time, we renovated Detroit Diesel engine components. Over the years, we have diversified our offer and have developed an advanced expertise in the renovation of engines and transmissions in the industry.
In the mid 1990’s, the company changed its name to Usinage Premier Choix (UPC). During this period, we adopted an ISO 9001 certified quality management system. We also continued to expand our product lines and services, including broadening our range of parts and adding a mobile machining service. Since 1995, UPC has been owned by Wajax Corporation (TSX: WJX) – Power Systems Division, a Canadian company that is more than a hundred years old.
In 2012, we renewed our image to better show our clients the range of products and services we offer in the marine, road, mining, industrial, rail and construction markets.
- Diesel technicians
- Machinists and welders of industrial components
- Machinists for the rebuilding of engine
and transmission components
- Application engineering service for larger projects: re-engining and/or designing of complete propulsion systems
- Dynamometers: up to 2,500-HP engines
and automatic transmissions
- Load test bench of generators up to 2 MW
- Lifting capacity of 10 tons
- Large work bays for machinery of all sizes
- Conventional machining equipment
- Specialized machining equipment for engine components: blocks, cylinder heads, combustion chambers, shafts
and connecting rods, valves, etc.
- Extensive line of certified metrology equipment and endoscopes
- TIG and MIG welding and plasma cutting equipment
- Mobile machining equipment for on-road services